We want everyone to enjoy their stay in Filey and so that we can offer an efficient booking service and maintain comfortable accommodation for all our guests we have the following conditions
- As the cottages are run for family groups we regret we cannot accept groups of young singles or all male/all female groups
- Strictly NO SMOKING or barbecues anywhere on site so it does not cause distress to other guests.
- Maximum number of people not to exceed the normal occupancy (excluding infants in cots, one cot is available for each cottage). Normal occupancy is 6 in both Silverline and Drifter and 4 in Endeavour.
- Breakages must be paid for.
- Guests must be considerate to other visitors in the adjacent cottages. Late night noise is not acceptable.
- Cottage to be left clean on departure.
- On the day of arrival the cottage will be ready by 3pm. On the day of departure the cottage should be vacated by 10am.
- If circumstances beyond our control cause us to have to cancel the holiday (eg fire or flood) then we will reimburse all monies paid but regret we cannot give compensation. If any of the important details of the cottages change, we will let you know in writing as soon as possible and give you the option of a full refund but regret we cannot give compensation.
- We are constantly improving the properties and making small changes. We try to update all our literature both written and on the website but occasionally may make mistakes. Please check at the time of booking anything that is particularly important to you.
We accept up 2 well-behaved dogs, by arrangement at the time of booking. There is a £20 per dog per week charge. Dogs must not be allowed in bedrooms or on furniture or left barking. They must not be left unattended in the gardens or allowed to foul the garden.
You may want to consider taking out your own travel insurance to cover this.
- We require a deposit of £100, or £200 if the holiday is more than £600, which may not be refundable (see 3 below). We will then send you written confirmation of your booking and a receipt.
- We then require the balance 8 weeks prior to arrival which may not be refundable (see 3 below). We will send you a receipt and a welcome pack including details of what to do on arrival.
- If you wish to cancel for any reason please let us know immediately. We will try to re-let that week. If we are successful then all monies paid so far (less a £20 handling fee and less any late booking discount we may have to offer to ensure a booking) will be reimbursed. If we do not re-let there will be no refund of any money paid so far.
Hope Cottages Free Wireless Internet Access Terms Conditions
By using the service, you are agreeing to these Terms & Conditions.
- Our aim is to provide internet access for the convenience of our guests. We offer the service for activities such as e-mail, instant messaging and web browsing. To be fair to all our guests sustained high volume data transfers are not permitted. This includes the uploading/downloading of multiple photos, video and music and on line gaming.
- We cannot guarantee that the service will be available at all times and in all parts of every cottage. We cannot guarantee the speed of the service or that it will be compatible with your equipment. We reserve the right to modify or temporarily suspend the service without notice to you for technical repair. You will not be eligible for any compensation if you cannot use the service for any reason.
- Internet security is your responsibility. We are not responsible for the security of the information you transmit or receive on the service. We suggest you maintain your own antivirus and firewall software.
For the reasons listed in paragraphs 2 and 3 above, we shall not be liable to you in any circumstances for any consequential losses.
- We reserve the right to suspend or reduce the service if we reasonably believe that your use of the service is unreasonably excessive (see point 1)
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password.
- You are responsible for all activities that you engage in through our internet access. You will be liable for all expenses, however incurred, suffered by us due to your actions.